2021 Scholarship Application
View the guidelines below or click here to go directly to the download button.
New York State Latino Court Officers Society Scholarship Application
The 2021 New York State Latino Court Officers Society’s Scholarship is open to:
- High school seniors who graduated in 2021;
- Students currently enrolled at a college/university;
- Applicants who commit to continuing their education at an accredited institution of higher education during the 2021-2022 academic calendar year;
- Children of LCOS members or applicants endorsed by an LCOS member who has been in good standing;
- First time recipients.
The application period commences on August 9, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on October 8, 2021. All applications will be screened for accuracy and adherence to the guidelines set forth by the Scholarship Committee. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit all documents by the deadline, failure to do so will preclude the applicant for award consideration.
Evaluation and Selection
The Scholarship Committee will render a decision based on writing sample, scholastic ability, leadership potential, and a range of knowledge and skill sets. Applications will be reviewed only during the defined application period. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants are required to submit:
- High school transcript (High school seniors only. Unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- College/University transcript (Unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (from an instructor, clergy, mentor, coach, employer, and/or district/local/state representative, etc.)
- Writing sample
- Professional style photograph
- College acceptance letter (High school seniors)
- Proof of registration for Fall 2021 semester (Current college student)
If you are awarded a scholarship you will be notified by email the week of October 11th. Award decisions are made solely by the Scholarship Committee under the leadership of the President and Financial Secretary.
The scholarship application is a PDF fillable form. It will download immediately after clicking the button.
Please make sure to have a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat to fill out this form and digitally sign.